General purpose plastic Generally refers to plastics wi […]
General purpose plastic
Generally refers to plastics with large output, wide application, good formability and low price. There are five varieties of general plastic pellets, namely polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polystyrene (PS) and acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene copolymer (ABS). . These five categories of plastics occupy the vast majority of plastic raw materials, and the rest can be classified into special plastics such as PPS, PPO, PA, PC, POM, etc., which are used in daily life products. It is used in high-end fields such as engineering, defense and science and technology, such as automotive, aerospace, construction, and communications. Plastics can be classified into thermoplastics and thermosets according to their plasticity classification. In general, thermoplastic products can be recycled, while thermosetting plastics cannot. According to the optical properties of plastics, they can be divided into transparent, translucent and opaque materials, such as PS, PMMA, AS, PC, etc., which are transparent plastics. Most other plastics are opaque plastics.
Common plastic varieties performance and use
1. Polyethylene: Commonly used polyethylene can be classified into low density polyethylene (LDPE), high density polyethylene (HD special plastic PE) and linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE). Among the three, HDPE has better thermal, electrical and mechanical properties, while LDPE and LLDPE have better flexibility, impact properties and film forming properties. LDPE and LLDPE are mainly used for packaging film, agricultural film, plastic modification, etc., while HDPE is widely used in various fields such as film, pipe and injection daily necessities.
2. Polypropylene: Relatively speaking, polypropylene has more varieties and more complex uses, and there are many fields. The main types are homopolypropylene, block copolymer polypropylene (copp) and random copolymer polypropylene (rapp). According to different uses, homopolymerization is mainly used in the fields of wire drawing, fiber, injection, BOPP film, etc. Copolymer polypropylene is mainly used in household appliance injection parts, modified raw materials, daily injection products, pipes, etc. Used in transparent products, high performance products, high performance pipes, etc.
3. Polyvinyl chloride: Due to its low cost, the product has self-flame retardant properties, so it is widely used in the construction field, especially for sewer pipes, plastic steel doors and windows, plates, artificial leather and so on.
4. Polystyrene: As a transparent raw material, it can be used in a wide range of applications, such as automotive lampshades, daily transparents, transparent cups, cans, etc.
5. ABS: It is a versatile engineering plastic with outstanding physical and mechanical properties. It is widely used in household appliances, panels, masks, assemblies, accessories, etc., especially household appliances such as washing machines, air conditioners, refrigerators, electric fans, etc. The dosage is very large, and it is also widely used in plastic modification.